I found out that I was pregnant on Mother's Day. (What a present right?!?) My poor DH unfortunately had to work that night, and I didn't want to drop such big news on him right before he went in for his shift, so I chose not to tell him that day. Which also meant spending Mother's day with my own mom without telling her, not easy! As soon as he got home the next morning, I was up waiting for him. He came and got in bed with me, and I gave him a cuddly hug and just said it. For some reason I was so nervous (but an excited nervous) to tell him. I knew he would be happy, although of course shocked/scared to, because after all, being a first time parent is a BIG life change. But I'll never forget that morning. It was perfect! :)
To tell my parents, I went and bought two onesies (boy & girl one) that said "I Love Grandma!" and put them in a gift bag. We took them to my mother's house, and I told her we had a late mother's day present for her. I wanted to wait until my dad got home so he could hear the news at the same time, but he was taking FOREVER and I just couldn't wait any longer! She was ecstatic. She jumped up, throwing poor puppy and the present at the same time. Addison (her little puppy) didn't know what was going on and was a little freaked out!! My dad got home soon after, and she showed her present to him. He is so happy and reminds me every time I see him that she will be "papaw's little girl."
A few random pregnancy facts to get us started:
- Michael & I have been married two years in October. This is our first child.
- First time I felt our baby move (and knew it was definitely her): 17 weeks, 3 days
- A/S US: 17 weeks, 4 days -- It's a girl!! This was probably my best moment of pregnancy so far. Michael and I were beyond excited to find out we are being blessed with a baby girl!
- Hubby felt her move: 20 weeks! Definitely second best moment of pregnancy so far!
- Name - Elise Arabella. We will call her Elise. (It makes me nuts when people call their kids by their middle names, but that is a whole other story!)
Health check in:
- Due Date: January 13, 2012
- 24 weeks, 1 day
- Pre-preg weight: 97 lbs
- Current weight: 108 lbs (up 11 lbs)
- Cravings: Anything sweet! (I totally just had a snack of fresh strawberries with a little powdered sugar and a glass of OJ while writing this...yum!)
- Aversions: Fried Chicken or anything from KFC!